"" MaDDI: OKL Challenge - Day Four: Black, White & Copper

Monday, October 22, 2012

OKL Challenge - Day Four: Black, White & Copper

As planned, I took the weekend off from my 30-day One Kings Lane Challenge. I like the idea of taking a break on Saturday and Sunday, although I may want to reconsider as many of my favorite items from the weekend were sold out by this morning. (It's funny, because you'd think that OKL's target audience would be pretty traditional, but sometimes it's the more contemporary items that sell out first.)

Today's theme on One Kings Lane was Thanksgiving. In keeping with their theme, I've put together a table setting that uses pieces available via today's sales, but satisfies a modern aesthetic. Much of the tableware on sale tended towards the gilded and hyper-traditional, so I chose to keep it monochromatic with a Moroccan tangine to introduce pattern (turkey tagine, anyone?), and copper accents in a nod to the traditional orange-dominated thanksgiving tablescape. I especially love the grey glassware in smoke. It has a very complex, almost ombre-like quality to it. (Also note that I dropped in an Ikea dining table to provide a blank canvas for the black, white & copper scheme. Sneaky sneaky. I'm dying to try my hand at this Melltorp hack via Weekday Carnival for an industrial edge.)


Sources (All items sourced via today's One Kings Lane sales and available thru 10/25, unless otherwise indicated)
1. S/3 Assorted Square Trays, Copper - $319
2. Black Graphic Pattern I - $169
3. Cookable Tagine, Black - $49
4. Melltorp Dining Table, Ikea - $59.99
5. S/4 Purity Stemmed Wine Glasses, Smoke - $89
6. Purity Pitcher, Smoke - $39
(Also check out these Purity candleholders and drink glasses in smoke)





No comments:

Post a Comment