"" MaDDI: OKL Challenge - Day One: Autumn Mod

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OKL Challenge - Day One: Autumn Mod

I'm in a bit of a daze after Day 1 of my One Kings Lane Challenge, but plenty inspired! Check out my picks on my pinterest board. Thankfully, tomorrow should be a lighter lift. Since this was Day 1, I reviewed all sales. Beginning tomorrow, I'll review only new sales.

Maybe it's the fall bite in the air, but I gravitated towards lots of fall colors in addition to my usual color standbys. If I had an unlimited budget and a cozy yet modern cabin in upstate New York, I'd have no trouble furnishing it from today's One Kings Lane sales.

Naturally, my cabin would look something like this (imagine less snow, more leaves):
Ten Broeck Cottage in Hudson, NY 

Living Room

My living room, stocked exclusively via today's sales on One Kings Lane, would be decorated in the style I'm dubbing "Autumn Mod":


Sources

5. Dovetail Sideboard - $2,699
8. Coquille Chair - $1,999
9. Pebble Barstool (shown as side table) - $349

Dining Room

And here's my Autumn Mod Dining Room, also sourced from today's sales on One Kings Lane:


Sources

5. Traveler Dining Table - $4,499 (yikes!)
8. Black Grace Side Chairs, Pair - $399

Entry

And bringing up the rear, my Autumn Mod entry hall/mudroom-- because after traipsing around with Hektor in those damp autumn leaves, we'll need somewhere to drop our keys and wipe our feet and paws (respectively).


Sources

1. Twombly Sconce - $799
2. Leather Dog - $249 (I love this! There's nothing quite like your real live dog rushing to greet you at the door, but putting this guy would be pretty darn cute in an entry.)
3. Wolfie and the Sneak, Fall - $159 (I like the idea of having all 4 seasons and switching them out throughout the year.)
5. Set of 5 Rectangular Wicker Baskets - $79 (As I noted in my pin, these baskets are attractive and practical, but the handles bug me. I'd paint them out.)
6. Tribal Kilim, 7'5" x 4'6" - $449
7. Consoles, Pair - $875

No comments:

Post a Comment