"" MaDDI: OKL Challenge- Day Three: One Fishing Chair, Three Ways

Friday, October 19, 2012

OKL Challenge- Day Three: One Fishing Chair, Three Ways

I'm feeling pretty stingy today. I pinned only 19 items from today's bounty on One Kings Lane. A few items drew my eye, but didn't make the final cut on the basis of cost. That was particularly true of the Tastemaker Tag Sale by Lisa Minucci, from which I ended up pinning jack squat. I liked the looks of this oversized mortar & pestle-- but am I paying $699 for a mortar & pestle? No, Sir. In fact, I paid $14.99 for my mortar & pestle and the three of us are perfectly happy together.

Given today's scanty harvest, I'm going to keep it light. My favorite new item was this $99 fishing chair. I'd like to own this chair for extra seating in my living room, or as a permanent fixture in a small reading nook.

In homage to Day Three, here are three ways to style it:

Scandi Style

I like the idea of taking a page out of my Scandinavian forefathers (foremothers, technically) and keeping it simple. Black, white, sheepskin. It's a classic triad for a reason. (Also, even though I know I said I'd steer clear of value proclamations, please note that item 5 below is a very nice coffee table for $219.)



Sources (all items source via today's sales One Kings Lane and available thru 10/22, unless otherwise noted)

1. Fishing Chair - $99
2. Rens Sheepskin, Ikea - $29.99
3. Carlo Stanga, Brooklyn - $189-$229
4. Carlo Stanga, Corbu Black$189-$229
5. Holden Fir Coffee Table - $219
6. Set of 2 Jax - $19

Venice Beach Style

Normally, this look would be a little too "California Boho" for this born-and-bred New Yorker. But I'm not hating it? I'll chalk it up to the grey, soggy Friday we're experiencing here in the Northeast. (On that note, please watch the video for Milli Vanilli's Blame it On the Rain. There are no words. The 80s were real, people.)


Sources (all items source via today's sales One Kings Lane and available thru 10/22, unless otherwise noted)
1. Fishing Chair - $99
4. Whitney Coffee Table - $559 (Similar here for $299)

East Hampton Style

One $99 rickety fishing chair all glammed up. I can just picture Gwyneth Paltrow, lounging by the pool sipping on her blueberry and almond smoothie. (Mmm, I'm craving a malt milkshake just thinking about it.)


Sources (all items source via today's sales One Kings Lane and available thru 10/22, unless otherwise noted)

1. Fishing Chair - $99
2. Casablanca 20x20 Pillow, Navy - $65 (Earlier sale, ends 10/21)
5. 6" Metal Orb - $29

No comments:

Post a Comment