"" MaDDI: Trend Report: Kitchen Kilims

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Trend Report: Kitchen Kilims


I'm a big fan of Persian rugs in modern interiors, especially kilims. (Kilim just means a flat-woven rug from any of the areas lumped in as "Persian" in the context of rugs-- Turkey, Kurdistan, etc. And flatwoven means dog-friendly(ish)!)

One of my favorite design trends of 2012 was the use of kilims in kitchens and dining rooms. The utilitarian and often spare nature of kitchen and dining rooms gets right to the heart of the form-meets-function meets fun-colors-and-wild-pattern-just-because combination that's so dear to my heart.

For your viewing pleasure, I've scoured the internet for a few of my favorite examples of kilims in kitchens and dining rooms. Enjoy!

P.S. If anyone has any leads for where I could find a large, reasonably priced kilim, shoot me an email! I'm on the hunt for 8'x10' or larger for Ryan's office. Something along the lines of this little number.


Image Source: Desire to Inspire via Pinterest

Image Source: Apartment Therapy via Pinterest
Image Source: A Note on Design via Pinterest
Image Source: Style-Files via Pinterest 
Image Source: Design Crisis via Pinterest
Image Source: Apartment Therapy via Pinterest
Image Source: Desire to Inspire via Pinterest
Image Source: La Dolce Vita via Pinterest
Image Source: La Dolce Vita 
Image Source: Emmas Design Blogg via Pinterest

Image Source: Effortless Style via Pinterest





No comments:

Post a Comment