"" MaDDI: Trend Report: Matryoshka

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Trend Report: Matryoshka

Alex here. I typically report on trends I like, but today's trend report comes with some ambivalence. Regardless of my feelings, its difficult to deny that Matryoshka-inspired goods are an established trend in the design sphere.

Since russian dolls can tend towards the cutesie, I made an effort to round up some more "grown-up friendly" variations on the classic Russian souvenir. Here are a few images and products than caught my eye (I particularly like the unpainted dolls-- I would leave them raw):


Sources (clockwise from top left)

  1. Matryoshka Wall Paper, Wall and Deco (via Pinterest)
  2. Counting Matryoshka Wall Art, Modern Genes @Etsy - $15
  3. via A Paper Aeroplane, Tumblr 
  4. Sadness Reprieve C: Matryoshka Print, Benjamin Dewey @Etsy - $15
  5. Halloweenie Matryoshka, regansmithclarke @ Big Cartel (via Pinterest) - no longer available
  6. Matryoshka Measuring Cups by Carl Mitsch (2009) via MoMA Store - $12
  7. Blank Russian Nesting Dolls (5 set), Home and Crafts @ Etsy - $38

No comments:

Post a Comment