"" MaDDI: Covet List: Brushstrokes, Geometrics, Muted Browns + Blues

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Covet List: Brushstrokes, Geometrics, Muted Browns + Blues

I'd been coveting each of these items independently for the past week. It wasn't until I threw them together to share that I discovered the common threads. Muted browns, brushstrokes, geometric patterns, soft blues and grays...I guess this is just where my head is right now?


I am crazy about Rachel Comey's Revival Bikini-- although it's difficult to justify the purchase when it will be another 3 months before I find myself in circumstances requiring a bathing suit. (To say nothing of the pasty white expanse that is my February bod.) Until then, I can admire Portland artist Lisa Golightly's print, "In the Depths" via One Kings Lane or Etsy (one of my favorite Etsy artists, who I'm so happy to see receiving more recognition), and listen to summer jams on the walnut edition of Tivoli Audio's Model One Radio.

This weekend, I popped into Module-R, one of my favorite neighborhood spots for ogling things out of my budget, and discovered Fleet Ceramics by Zoe Garred. Wouldn't these pieces be perfect in Ryan's bathroom? It's almost like she designed her collection around our color scheme-- alas, not so much for our wallets. Maybe I could swing a teeny-tiny jewelry dish?

Also spotted at Module-R, a very dignified wooden dog-- Architectmade Oscar. Is it just the hound lover in me or don't you want to pet those floppy felt ears?

Speaking of my hound, I think Hektor would love to sink into the Urbanest Pet Bed by Lovethybeast.

In other patterned news, Dash & Albert's newest collection is worth a peek. While I have personal experience with their woven cotton and indoor/outdoor polypropylene rugs only, I'm particularly intrigued by their new Nordic Kilim wool. Dash & Albert is one of those companies I always feel 100% confident recommending to friends-- the quality and value is so dependable! Anyone need a wool rug?

If you're not in the market for a rug, how about tile? I'm also looking to live vicariously through someone with a place in their home for Ann Sack's Tiempo line of terra cotta tile. Such a fresh alternative to the now ubiquitous tumbling block motif, but with the same geometric appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment