"" MaDDI: Trend Report: Matryoshka Update

Monday, March 11, 2013

Trend Report: Matryoshka Update

Alex here. Remember when I reported on the Matryoshka trend? I expressed an ambivalence about the look of painted dolls but mused that their unadorned figures would make for original styling props. Well, wouldn't you know that exact idea is bouncing around the blogosphere. (Silly me. Will I ever learn that originality is always hopelessly out of reach?)

Check out these minimalist matryoshka. The first is an image from Amy Azzarito's new book, Past & Present: 24 Favorite Moments in Decorative Arts History and 24 Modern DIY Projects Inspired by Them.The second image is from the inspiring budget-conscious renovation of architect Jen Turner's Carroll Gardens carriage house, featured on Remodelista. Both well worth a read!

PS You can check out my instagram feed for a couple of behind-the-scenes shots from our photo shoot this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment